A very simple recipe that turned out wonderfully. Kale chips are a great way to replace regular chips or get that same satisfaction when you have the munchies for something crunchy. You can dress kale chips a million different ways, this was my most recent creation. I will post a recipe for pesto soon, but feel free to use one you have on hand.
|10 min||15 min||25 min||2|
|Kale||2||bunch||de-stemmed & rinsed|
1. If you plan to use the oven and not the deydrator, preheat oven to 350 F
2. Remove stems from kale and massage with fingers as you rinse the leaves.
3. Strain to remove extra water and squeeze kale to remove any excess water or quickly spin in a salad spinner.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the other ingredients and mix until evenly blended together.
5. Mix in kale leaves and mix all ingredients together using clean hands. Continue to massage kale with ingredients while you mix and rub.
6. Place kale on trays to go in the dehydrator. I needed about 6 trays with the kale spread flat.
7. Turn dehydrator on 140F and cook for 7 hours or bake in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 min each batch. Cooking times may vary due to amount of trays in the oven so use this as a guide and keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
8. Store in a cool, dry place or enjoy right away.
Nutritional Info Calculate by Meal Garden. Depending on your pesto, info may vary slightly.