It is December 1st and we are officially starting with Meatless Mondays!
To share your Meatless Monday recipe, post a pic on Instagram with #MeatlessMonday and directed it @angela_argentina or @the_foodtopian for your chance to be featured on this blog.
Here is a simple and delicious recipe to help you start off the new month (and week) meat-free.
Thai Coconut Curry Noodles
- 8 ounces whole-wheat or gluten-free noodles
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces, about 1 cup
- ½ cup of portabella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 8 ounces coconut milk, about ½ a can
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ inch of ginger root, minced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ¼ – ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Cook noodles in a medium sized pot of salted, boiling water according to package instructions (cooking time will vary depending on the type of noodle you use. I use thin whole-wheat cappellini pasta, which takes about 2-3 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a wok or large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions and a sprinkle of salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook for another minute, careful not to burn the garlic. Then add the carrots, mushrooms, peppers, and broccoli and cook for another 3-5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften (I like my vegetables still a bit crisp, so I cook mine a little less). Now add the spices, salt, pepper, and coconut milk and stir. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
Combine the noodles with the vegetables and coconut milk. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with thinly sliced green onions. Serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal!