This is a recipe I created and shared at the Holiday Healing Party. Most of my recipes are usually spur of the moment and since I’m so busy it’s hard to find the time to sit down and write them but I thought the cheese recipes were also important to share with the guests and my lovely, hungry readers. This recipe is similar to a cheese recipe but you will need to add more liquid to make it nice and saucy. At my Very Merry & Veggie cooking demo and holiday feast I also did a different variation of this and make a Raw Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Recipe, which I will also be sharing.
2 cups raw (soaked) cashew nuts
2 tbs apple cider
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs white miso
3 tbs nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup nut milk of your choice
1 tbs garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
1 tsp maple syrup
- Soak cashews at least 1 hour prior to making
- Combine apple cider, cashews, lemon juice, miso and olive oil in blender, mix until smooth
- Add nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric, smoke paprika, pink himalayan salt and mix
- Add maple syrup if the mixture is too tart for your liking. I add about 1 tsp.
- Pour on veggies, use as a sauce for pasta, as a dip for fondue, pour over baked potatoes or poutine… the opportunities are endless but very tasty!